Kitty and Coco requested a pic on my back....and something called cracker jack style. I'm not quite sure what that is...but...I hope this was ok.
*note from mom:
Sorry, that is about as much on his back as gets. He gets all nervous and squirmy if I lay him more on his back, or in my arms like a baby.

Hi, Buddy!
ReplyDeleteWe've never had a pug who was okay being on their back, except for our three-legger, Rue. Rue loved to be held like a baby all the time. Anyhow, I was able to train Rooney to lie on his back by giving him treats every time he did it, slowly having him lie there longer. This came in handy when he had to have an ultrasound near the end of his life. The vet techs said he was the perfect ultrasound patient. So, Buddy, this back thing could be a way to get extra treats. Tamara + Rupert
I totally love the idea of Tamara and Rupert. More treats !!!
ReplyDeleteSammy
Hold on one gosh darn minute you two!!! I have to have dealings with almost everyone I meet on the street about how fat my pug is, and you two want me to give him MORE treats?!?!?!?!?!!?
ReplyDeleteOh good lord.
*laughs*
Kidding.
I know there are no cal and low fat treats out there. And even though I am happy to hear that Rooney was a perfect ultrasound patient....Buddy being on his back isn't something I care to pursue. What I mean to say, is even though he doesn't do it, that's ok with me. I'm certainly one for tricks, and who can pass up an "aawww" when a pug jimmy's...but...for me and my Buddy.....if he isn't willing to do it all on his own and be comfortable, who am I to mess with that. I do believe you *can* teach an old dog new tricks, absolutely.....I just don't think I have the desire to do so. I love my boy how he is. He likes to sit on walks and watch people go by. He likes pats on the head and an occasional butt scratch. He lets me rub his belly while he lies on his side. We're both cool with that. :D
We love each other as is. No tricks, treats, or fancy clothes.
Perfect. You nailed it. Really we just were curiuos to see if you liked to be on your back or not. I don't like being on my back either, unless I am playing rough with my sis or going all cracker dog (crazy moves usually done after a bath when I spaz out for unknown reasons like I am on crack).
ReplyDeleteCoco (and Kitty)
"Cracker dog" oh!!!!! I get it. I'm just used to hearing it phrased as "crack pug" or "pug on crack" LOL!!! Too many readings of The Daily Puglet I suppose. :D
DeleteOh yeah, I totally spaz right after a bath too! I think that is just how any dog is wired. Unless they are pure water dogs....those just lay in the water. hahaha
I'm glad I'm not the only pug that does NOT like to be upside down! On occasion though I do let dad hold me like a baby.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
I'm thinking it is just a sense of non-control for us Payton. I know mom can't speak total for me, since she knows nothing of my childhood, maybe I was dropped or forced, I don't know. But we are both just fine with it not happening. :D
DeleteOh baby got back!!!
ReplyDeletehahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteI love laying on my back but it has to be on my own terms, I will fight if anyone tries to roll me over. I have to be in control of the situation. I just love your fat belly!
ReplyDeleteat least someone loves my fat belly!!!!!!! I don't mind it myself. :D
Delete