"Mom, it's my blog!"
"I know that Buddy, I'm just borrowing it."
"Why can't you get one of your own?!"
"I tried. But I know how to work yours, so I'm gonna use it."
"That's just not nice mom."
"I promise to give it back to you."
"Whatever. I'm gonna go chew on my kong bone."
Smiles. "Ok."
"Mom?"
"Yes Buddy?"
"I still love you."
"I love you too my baby."
Sorry you had to witness that. Sometimes he acts just like a kid. What are you gonna do?
So, I'm really quite a private person. I'm not sure why but I'm taking myself out of my comfort zone for a moment and sharing a poem with you that I wrote several years ago.
Tell me something about you
Something many don’t know
Tell me something you love
And of something you let go
Tell me of the times you remember
And of the times that are yet to come
Tell me what you do when you’re alone
And the things you do for fun
Tell me of your hopes and dreams
And even the times of despair
Tell me about your goals and wishes
And something you did on a dare
Describe yourself in one word, to me
And something you did on a dare
Describe yourself in one word, to me
It’s not as easy as you might think
Tell me about your favorite foods
And also tell me your favorite drinks
And also tell me your favorite drinks
I want to be let inside
To get to know the real you
Not what people see daily
Not the everyday things you do
I want to see you raw and open
I want to see you come undone
I want to see your private self
I want to see your private self
When your alone, one on one
I want to make that connection
Something that time won’t break
Something that time won’t break
I even want to see those self demons
That would make anyone else ache
I want to be that friend to you
I want to be that friend to you
The one you always come and find
The one that you know you must talk to
The one that you know you must talk to
Even in the most desperate of times
I don’t want to be the friend you think of
I don’t want to be the friend you think of
Whose name you might recall
I want to be a purpose to you
I want to be a purpose to you
Someone you rely on before the fall
So tell me all those things
So tell me all those things
That no one else would know
Tell me all those secrets inside
That need to escape from below
Let me show you true friendship
The kind you may never have had
Let me show you true devotion
Let me show you true devotion
In the good times and the bad
© Myshls' Ramblings
This makes me think.... showing true yourself is hard.......
ReplyDeleteSammy and Neko's mama
I hope it makes you think in a positive way. :D
DeleteSee, that wasn't so bad was it? Great poem!
ReplyDeleteI survived. :D
DeleteAnd thanks!
Very nice! Even if we are shy we should always be confident to share our true selves.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Payton
true, true...wise words. :D
DeleteWhat a lovely poem and poignant message to us all! Thank you for "putting it out there" to be enjoyed and contemplated.
ReplyDeleteGampy